If the school district wishes to settle your case:
- On average, 85% of our cases are settled. No settlement will be accepted without your approval. If you do not want to settle your case, we are always ready to proceed to hearing.
- We expedite and track stipulations of settlement.
- We keep you informed of the status of your settlement through to completion of services and payment.
Impartial Hearing Litigation
If Impartial Hearing litigation is necessary:
- On average 15% of cases went to Impartial Hearing.
- We do not encourage our clients to accept inappropriate settlement offers to avoid litigation.
- When settlement is not possible and litigation is the best option, we can recommend one of our hand-picked affiliated attorneys to prepare and present your case in the legal forum.
- SLA affiliated attorneys are strong litigators, highly knowledgeable in Special Education law.
- Your SLA affiliated attorney will prepare and present your case for the Impartial Hearing with the support of the Advocacy Team.
- Our affiliated attorneys’ records of success are the best!!!
SLA affiliated attorneys are available for:
- Appeals to the NYS State Review Office.
- Federal Appeals.